Monday, April 17, 2017

40k is Back, Baby!

I started gaming a over a couple of decades ago, and of course had a Warhammer 40k army.  Blood Angels, painted reasonably well.  I sold them, unwisely, for about what I paid for them, when I needed money.  I essentially donated my time and effort in assembling and painting them, and it hasn't sat right with me since. 


Then last year I procured some Tau (not even realizing they were 40k, but that they looked good as generic anime-esque aliens) minis for my Modern Warfare:  Alien Invasion posts (see #1 and #2, more to come). 


Then I took the leap, and bought some Blood Angels and a few more Tau, and finally got to play a bit with my oldest boy.  This is a delayed report - the battle happened a bit back, but here goes...




Tau face off against a mixed Blood Angel and Imperial Guard force.  Tau near side of the board.


Tau suffer a lot of casualties for going through difficult terrain.  I think I misapplied this rule.


A Crisis Suit dances in front of the Imperial line...


...and takes a wound.





Tau casualties pile up...


Kroot charge in from the Tau right flank, and you can see the remainder of a Tactical Marine squad at top.  They shouldn't have let themselves get caught out in the open...




Kroot and Guard clash in the center of town.  Both have been thinned out.


Furioso Drednought closes in for the kill.

Turned out a Blood Angel victory, and had a good time.  Looking forward to future matches.









2 comments:

  1. I'm just getting back into 40K as well. I remember the old Rogue Trder days (just about!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my Blood Angel Tactical Marines are painted bright red, old-school, like the 2nd Edition ones I had many moons ago...

    ReplyDelete